Monday, 23 July 2012

Music Monday! "Don't Rain on My Parade"



Hello there, pals and gals!
Don't get me wrong: I adore Barbara Streisand. Her voice is brilliant and she has done some really amazing work. But, to me, Judy Garland shines absolutely solely.
Being a longtime musical film fan myself, I have listened to many artists sing the most beautiful songs ever written. I'm particularly fond of Julie Andrews, Barbara Streisand, Liza Minelli, Fred Astaire, Ginger Rogers and Gene Kelly. But, the first I heard Somewhere Over The Rainbow on Judy Garland's voice, I was hooked. A single song had never made me cry before, and nothing seemed so compelling and moving like that song.
Now, I'm posting here Judy and Liza's version of "Don't Rain on My Parade", a song from the musical "Funny Girl", with Barbara Streisand. They were so great together and their love for each other shined through their voices. This is my favorite version of this song, and I identify a great deal with the lyrics.
Enjoy!

So long,
Marcela

No comments:

Post a Comment